News & Features
How to Charter a Luxury Yacht
• Think about where you want to go. Take a look at our charter destinations for some inspiration at https://www.superyachtsmonaco.com/charter/
• Narrow down your requirements. What is your budget? How many people do you want to invite? Do you want adventure, romance or both?
• Get an idea of the type of yachts you like
• Let the charter broker find you the most suitable superyachts, and pick your favourite
• Start planning: the broker will arrange your itinerary and any other details
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO CHARTER A LUXURY YACHT?
You’ll usually see two rates for charter yachts: the high season and low season rate. But that’s not all that you need to budget for. You need to factor in:
• The running costs of the charter, which usually ends up being 25-30% of the charter depending on your group and itinerary. It’s called the Advanced Provisioning Allowance, and we explain this in more detail below
• VAT or local cruising taxes, that can vary from 0 to 22%
• Delivery costs and/or redelivery cost, if you want to charter the vessel away from his home port area or far from current bookings in place. This doesn’t always apply, so check with your broker
• A security deposit. This is mainly requested if an event is part of your charter, but depending on the make-up of the group, some owners will require this on the contract.
• A crew tip is offered at your discretion but in planning the overall cost, this is something to consider.
For more information on how to charter a luxury yachts, click the button above or contact Superyachts Monaco on +377 93 25 03 48